Thursday, December 6, 2012

Winner 55 Word Challenge: Week Thirty-Seven

Winner 55 Word Challenge:
Week Thirty-Seven
 

First, a big thank you to Tome for judging this weeks contest and for contributing such inspiring photos. We had a lot of great entries this week and I know judging could not have been easy. This is what our judge had to say:


Wow, what fantastic entries! I really hope everyone keeps coming back because these were excellent.

I've decided, though, on three honorable mentions and a winner:

Honorable mentions:

SJIHolliday - The poem in this was fun, and it made me want to know more about the scenario, like it could be developed into a longer work.

H.L. Pauff - I really enjoyed the structure of this piece, especially the repetition of "When...", and the scene was very creative.

Sarah- I absolutely loved the simile comparing the cello to a boat. Robert's grief is heartbreaking in this tale.

Winner:

Rebekah Postupak - Rebekah's piece cleverly used all three prompts (always an impressive feat), and I loved the concision in her story. It spoke volumes every few words. The ending surprised me, which is really cool in a tale only 55 words.

Everyone has my congratulations and thanks!

(And thank you Lisa for letting me judge!)

Tome

No comments:

Post a Comment