Friday, October 19, 2012

Winner 55 Word Challenge: Week Thirty-One

Winner 55 Word Challenge'

Week Thirty-One



 

Honorable Mentions:
@caramichaels: I’m not sure if I could go down those steps either. I don’t know what was chasing her, but they would have to be pretty scary to get me moving.
@Klingorengi:  Leave it to Jeff to kill someone off in the most inconvenient of locations. Here’s an idea… toss her out the window.
@Tollyit: I loved the ending. I wonder if she’s still screaming, sitting inside an insane asylum.
Winner:

 
@DavidALudwig: OMG, this one made me laugh and gave me chills. Great writing.
 
TIME AND TIDE
 
Grated steps chattered under foot and carefree voices ricocheted off the walls.
 
“See guys? Was spending the night in the old lighthouse genius or what?”
 
Dawn broke with gentle warmth over the rocks. Young spirits were high, until they found the decayed husks of their cars.
 
“Joe, just how long were we down there?”
 
“Damn.”
 

Thank you everyone for entering! See you next week and don’t forget to enter the Zombie Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment