Friday, August 17, 2012

Winner 55 Word Challenge: Week Twenty-Two

Winner 55 Word Challenge
Week Twenty-Two


First off - this was difficult. I loved all the entries and seeing some new faces. There were so many to cho0se from. I wish I could give  a winner for each picture instead of just one overall. And the poems! What a pleasant surprise! I agonized over who to pick. I kept going  back and forth!
Honorable Mentions:
Kudos to Jennifer Mandell  for incorporating all THREE  photos! Wow!
Funniest is definitely DGH. I have a soft spot for political humor.
 Winner:
J.M. Blackman.  I loved her interpretation on the third picture, numbing and sad. How often does that happen? That someone's creativity gets beat down over time?

"Monochrome"
 If he’d have understood the concept of walking to the beat of his own drum, he’d have tired of the rhythm by now. But the lack of color in his life had sapped his individualism, had lobotomized his emotion. And he was only one more drone, a static complement to the black and white universe.
@J_M_Blackman
55 w.o title

Thank you to everyone that entered and special thanks to Miranda Gammella for judging and her wonderful photos. See you next week.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thank you! I'm so glad you liked it, Miranda. It's a beautiful picture and can say so much. Thanks for the great inspiration and for the nod!

    ReplyDelete