Friday, August 3, 2012

Winner 55 Challenge: Week Twenty

Winner 55 Challenge
Week Twenty


And the results are in! Elaine (@tollykit) didn't have an easy task of choosing a winner. All the stories were great and I think everyone did a remarkable job. Thank you to all! However, it did have to be narrowed down to four and here they are!

***

I would like to thank everyone for making it so hard to choose; all the stories are wonderful. It wasn't an easy task to reduce them down to 4.
Honourable Mentions:

@RGraceAllen: 'starved of water, wilting, like his heart.' Wonderful image. You can see him waiting and crumpling with disappointment. The poignant sadness of lost opportunities. - makes me grateful for the smart phone.

@MLGammella: A gentle tale. I enjoy the whole premise of the story. The comparison between seed and child was quite simply beautiful.

@michelawalters: This one started out calmly enough. But that last line caught me by surprise, and made me catch my breath at the horror suggested by the words 'he yanked her back towards the house.' You leave us to imagine our own ending to that one, and I suspect it's nothing good.

Winner:


@WakefieldMahon: Managed to convey so much with such simple words. The story is for me completely believable. I particularly enjoyed the idea that they had to find a specific dandelion. I really could picture the scene, and the last line caught at my heart; so much responsibility on any child's shoulders. I was left hoping that for their sake their wishwould come true.
Wishes
By Wakefield Mahon

“The yard is full of them, how will you know which one, Sally?”

“I’ll know.”

Timmy shrugged. At the wise old age of eight, his sister knew far more than he. “What do we do?”

“We blow off the seeds and wish really hard.”

“And then daddy will come home?”

“If we do it right.”

55 words
@WakefieldMahon

Thanks again

Elaine

***

Thank you Elaine! Everyone be sure to check out her photography! She has some beautiful pictures.

Wakefield, you know the drill: Snatch the badge and DM me your email; I don't think I have it from the last time you won. Let me know if you want an Amazon gift card or B&N.

On a side note, I am looking for ideas for new prizes. If anyone would like to donate their book, in exchange for promoting it during the contest, let me know. Or if you would like to help out with offsetting the cost of prizes, there is a paypal button on the side pannel.

Thank you everyone for entering!

Lisa



1 comment:

  1. Congrats to my fellow HMs and the winner! :)

    I always find this flash contest a bit more challenging trying to create a whole story in just 55 words or less. Quite a feat.

    ReplyDelete